I decided to make spaghetti squash again for dinner, and I am glad I did! I adapted the following recipe from a recipe I found on the Tasty Kitchen website.
1 Whole Spaghetti Squash
2 Tbsp. Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5-6 cloves fresh garlic pressed through garlic press (or minced)
1 Cup Chicken Broth, Divided Use
2.5 Cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
1/2 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 Chicken Breast, Grilled and Cubed
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Put the spaghetti squash in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes to soften it and make it easier to cut. Then, cut it in half and scoop out the seeds and such with a spoon. Place both halves face down in about 1/2 inch of water in a microwavable dish. Put it in the microwave for 12 minutes.
- While that is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large deep skillet. Press the garlic through the garlic press and sauté in the pan for about a minute.
- TIP: Hate peeling garlic? ME TOO! Check out this awesome tip I got off of Pinterest. Take two bowls that are of the same size. It 's okay if one is smaller than the other if one can fit inside the other. Take a bulb of garlic and lean on it on the table (smushing the individual cloves out). Place all of it into the two bowls (one on top of the other like in the pic), and shake the hell out of it for about 10 seconds. Take the bowls apart and voila! Most of your garlic will be fully peeled and the rest should easily slip out of the skins. If you have any stubborn peaces left, just shake 'em again.
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add peas, grilled chicken, and 3/4 cup of chicken broth to the pan. Also add about 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese to thick the broth a little. Put the lid on and let simmer over medium low for 3-5 minutes.
- While that is simmering, use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out of each half into a bowl. Use the tines to scrape it out so it comes out looking like spaghetti.
- Pour the mixture on top of the spaghetti squash and toss.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.