- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch green onions (about 8), chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, pressed through garlic press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 1 cup peas (I used organic frozen peas)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed skilled or wok.
3. Add yellow onions, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes to pan and sauté until fragrant (about three minutes).
4. Add the peas, bell pepper, and pineapple and turn heat up to high. Stir frequently and cook for about three minutes or until the pineapple starts to caramelize.
5. Add in cooked quinoa, liquid aminos, cilantro, and green onions. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!!!
Well, Gnawers, I think that is all from me for the night. I made my weekly Whole Foods trip today, so you can look forward to lots of delicious recipes coming your way in the next week! As Leap Day comes to a close, I hope you will keep in mind how you want to make this year different ... special. No more excuses for you or for me ... now is the time to be the people we aspire to be! Until next time, dear Gnawers ... take good care of you!!!