I started the morning with a "green" smoothie to try and pump my body full o' vitamins and nutrients. I call this one "Simply Strawberry". I can't help it ... I was born with this creativity (note sarcasm).
Simply Strawberry Green Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 pound baby portabella mushrooms, sliced thinly or in chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (plus a little bit, maybe 2 tablespoons, of the juice they are in)
- 1 15 oz. can cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs, divided (I like Glutino brand)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- organic olive oil cooking spray