I made a quick and delicious lunch worthy of plenty of ooooooooooo's and ahhhhhhhhhh's. So simple too. I call it my Lazy Gal's Vegan Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Basil. I could eat this ooey gooey sandwich every day. In fact, I think I have eaten it for the last three days straight. It is that good. Best part? It takes all of 5 minutes to make and you don't have to dirty a single pan ... yeah, that's right ... totally lazy way to make a great grilled cheese.
Lazy Gal's Vegan Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Basil
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread*
- 1-2 tablespoons Earth Balance soy-free buttery spread (or other vegan butter spread)
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar style cheese shreds
- 3 slices of an organic tomato
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Toast bread slices.
- Butter both bread slices.
- Put tomato and basil on one slice of bread (on top of buttered side).
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread (butter side down).
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Eat and enjoy!!!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper